Shukumei
Home Calendar Search Register Login

Welcome, Guest.Please login or register.

Forum Login
Username: Register
Password:     Forgot Password

Shukumei    Residential Area    Castle of the Divine  ›  The next .. uh.. morning?
0 Members Browsing (1 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: « 1, 2, 3 : All Reply Recommend Print
  Author    The next .. uh.. morning?
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: November 5th, 2011, 00:57:27 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

"Dhaan, what are you talking about? You're not playing god!" Eseen burst out as her grip on Dhana's hand tightened to clench it. "All you're doing is choosing to die. You're not going to be responsible for anybody's death but your own! And you're just going to leave everybody who cares about you behind?"
Private Message Reply: 40 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 5th, 2011, 01:04:30 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

She frowned at her lover. "I'm not playing god. That's the entire point!" She wasn't sure why, but the thought of killing anyone, even if it meant her survival, made her feel sick. Of course, that may have just been the glass of blood that had just been put down in front of Eseen that was making her stomach turn.

"Besides, if my iminent death is going to save several billion people.. I'm sure Mr. Westerchurch here would agree that ending my life on my home planet isnt such a bad idea"  It wasn't that she so much wanted to commit suecide, as age old teachings of the temple that resurfaced now that she was under stress. Another symbol of this would be the device on her hand which had started to glow softly as Eseen had adamently begged her not to commit suecide.
Private Message Reply: 41 - 52
David Westerchurch
Posted on: November 5th, 2011, 01:24:51 Quote Report to Moderator
Rookie

David's hand hovered towards his pistol, picking it up carefully and flicking a switch on the side. He glanced at Eseen briefly, then locked eye contact with Dhana.

"I'm not going to let you get that far. You're not going to make it back to your planet before your higher functions completely degenerate, where ever it is. And I'm certainly not willing to keep a mindless killing machine chained up as some sort of sacrifice."
Private Message Reply: 42 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 5th, 2011, 01:30:43 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

"They don't need my higher brain functions to work, they just need my blood." She responded, aware of the fact that David had reached for his gun, unaware of why.

"Why would you not let them kill me? You're willing to do so, and that's while I"m still very much in my right state of mind."
Private Message Reply: 43 - 52
David Westerchurch
Posted on: November 5th, 2011, 01:40:57 Quote Report to Moderator
Rookie

"Foolish girl." He smirked. "You seem to be such a fan of these monsters and you don't seem to know that much about them. Your home world needs your blood. I don't know why, what for, and personally, I don't particularly care. Unless you've kept a significant portion of your blood refrigerated, they're never going to get it. You have the research notes there. Do you have any idea how drastically your genetic makeup has been altered?"
Private Message Reply: 44 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 5th, 2011, 01:49:08 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

"To keep their civilisation from dying out. Our life expectancy is getting shorter with each generation..." She explained to him, ignoring the fact that he didn't want to know. He pissed her off with his attitude. So he hated vampires, wasn't he one himself? Even if, would it really have been so bad to let her get killed back home? Did he enjoy killing so much that he was willing to add potential genoside to his kill score?

"Wait... what??" She asked suddenly, having heard him say something about genetic makeup being altered, at the same time as flicking through the papers in front of her before stopping to actually read what it said. "ohh great! So last night made sure that all I'd be doing is making Eseen unhappy. That's just brilliant!"

She continued reading the notes, this time reading all of them and ignoring the people in the room. "Your notes only specify what happens when humans turned vampire don't kill, there is no research from different species" She pointed out sounding bitter.

"This is the only time I need to kill though, right? There won't be another time that you haven't mentioned to me yet?"

Private Message Reply: 45 - 52
David Westerchurch
Posted on: November 5th, 2011, 01:59:20 Quote Report to Moderator
Rookie

"There's a reason why Ms. Hawkins was given cup of blood. Do you think I would try to go to all this effort to keep your subspecies alive?"
Private Message Reply: 46 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 5th, 2011, 02:03:40 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

"No Mr. Westerchurch, you appear to be the type that has no issues eliminating an entire species" She replied to his question. "Truthfully though, you confuse me. You have no issues killing me, yet you're happy to tell me you're trying to keep this subspecies alive. You also have an issue with my original suggestion of me simply getting out of your hair, and maybe doing some good.. or at least, getting killed by someone other than yourself. So what exactly is it you gain here?"

She wasn't good at talkign to professional killers, Agents though, Agents she knew how to handle, and at times, they played a game as confusing as David's was right now, which is why she handled him the same way she'd handle an agent.
Private Message Reply: 47 - 52
David Westerchurch
Posted on: November 5th, 2011, 03:13:29 Quote Report to Moderator
Rookie

"I gain nothing from this. I am however, paying off a favour for Ms. Hawkins here." He glanced at the visibly panicked Eseen who was trying to keep her act together, trying to appear the strong one for Dhana. "She doesn't seem to care who you are in the scheme of things, but she doesn't want you to throw your life away for some foolish notion that could save your people.

"Illisca. You are a vampire now. Your body and mind have been altered to be a powerful hunting species evolutionarily conditioned to hunt and drink the blood of us humans. Do you really think making a moral stand here will change anything? Will it sit better with you that the only result of your death will be the lament of your partner?"
Private Message Reply: 48 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 7th, 2011, 00:32:09 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

"Does the entire underground owe you a favour?" She asked Eseen quietly, turning to her, only to take in how panicked Eseen really was.

Back when they had first met, well, after her father had hired Eseen to guard her, she had encountered someone who owed Eseen a favour, someone who was quite skilled in killing. She now drew similarities between him and David.

Turning back to David she responded to his statements.

"For some odd reason, I get the feeling my mind hasn't changed as much as you claim it has. Had it changed to what you claim, I'd be.. well.. if you really are human.. I'd assume I'd be attacking you right now."

The sick feeling in her stomach still remaining.

"My death would upset Eseen a great deal, you're right there. Will it stop the next vampire killing? According to yourself, no, it won't. Hell, you'd make sure they did! And I'm not making a moral stand here, I'm simply stating that I have no interest now, nor have I ever had any, in killing."

With that she got up. "Essie, can we just leave?" She needed time out, time to digest the information she'd been given. And David and the more or less passed out Sonia could go to hell if they thought even for one minute that she was ready to kill right now.
Private Message Reply: 49 - 52
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: November 7th, 2011, 00:47:50 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

Eseen clutched Dhana's hand as she got up and remained sitting to look up at her.

"Dhaan..." She began. She didn't end the sentence. She didn't know what to say. Asking her lover to kill somebody, something she knew wouldn't sit right with Dhana and it sure as hell wouldn't sit right with her. Instead, she tried for a more reasonable option. "You're not alone..."
Private Message Reply: 50 - 52
David Westerchurch
Posted on: November 7th, 2011, 00:58:53 Quote Report to Moderator
Rookie

David ignored most of what Dhana was saying. He lowered his weapon back down to the table and adjusted his glasses again.

"You have twelve hours to decide on your fate, Illisca. Inform me which one of these targets you choose. You cannot leave this house safely until dusk anyway."
Private Message Reply: 51 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 7th, 2011, 10:05:50 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

She smiled at Eseen as she told her she wasn't alone. It was appreciated.

Though she found it awfully hard to not poke out her tongue at David when he pointed out that she couldn't leave the house until dusk. Instead, she pulled gently at Eseen for her to get up and walked out of the room, hopefully wiht Eseen following.
Private Message Reply: 52 - 52
Pages: « 1, 2, 3 : All Reply Recommend Print

New Thread New Poll Shukumei    Castle of the Divine  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Quick Reply

Forum Rules