Shukumei
Home Calendar Search Register Login

Welcome, Guest.Please login or register.

Forum Login
Username: Register
Password:     Forgot Password

Shukumei    Residential Area    Castle of the Divine  ›  The next .. uh.. morning?
0 Members Browsing (1 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: « 1, 2, 3 » : All Reply Recommend Print
  Author    The next .. uh.. morning?
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 19:03:19 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

"David's an alright guy. We took on some sun aspected vampires a while back." The memories of her past came to mind and she let off a slight smile. "He's head of the assassin's guild, but when I met him, he was just a vampire hunter. He and Sonia have organised a treaty with the other families to keep the peace."

At David's advice, she turned to look at the curtains.

"Oh, I would have forgotten about that..." Eseen muttered under her breath. "The family houses are sanctuary, but where the family heads can have absolute rule. It's so they..."

She paused and looked down at her hands, noting the claws on them. Her right hand reached to Dhana's face and gently traced her thumb over the veins that ran up her cheek to her eye.

"...We... don't run amok. The hunter has the authority to exterminate problem vampires anywhere but the houses. The families have authority to deal with problems themselves. It means if one takes refuge from the slayer at a house, they're left to the mercy of said house. Whether they approve of whatever they've done, take matters into their own hands or surrender the poor bastard to whoever wants them most."
Private Message Reply: 20 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 19:21:33 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

She wasn't so sure on the 'alright guy' part, but if Eseen didn't have an issue with David, she'd make an effort to not have an issue with him either.

"So in other words, unless Sonia says so, he can't harm us while we're here?" It sounded convenient, slightly too convenient for her liking. "And I have to get cleaned up, he's dressed up as though he was here for a really formal occasion, would sorta be bad form for me to not match that" She smiled slightly at that, her idea of matching what David was wearing was to dress as Ilisca, and that always was fun.

With that, she extracted herself from the hug and went to the bathroom to clean up and do vocal training.

Half an hour later, she emerged in one of her stage outfits, the only one that actually sat right, and that only after she'd forgone wearing a bra under the skimpy top. Twirling around to show Eseen the entire outfit better, she smiled at the fixer.

"Go get ready while I do makeup, we have a vampire hunter to impress"
Private Message Reply: 21 - 52
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 19:32:20 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

By the time Dhana had come out of the bathroom, Eseen was slouched on the bed, looking somewhat disappointed. She wandered in after her and spent only a few minutes before emerging with the same disappointed look on her face. She was wearing only a loose top and pajama pants.

"Why don't any of my clothes fit anymore?" She asked, genuinely confused. "Also, you bit me a lot, way too much last night."

She raised an arm and pulled up the sleeve to show the trail of bitemarks from her elbow upwards that seemed to be quickly healing.
Private Message Reply: 22 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 19:41:50 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

As Dhana looked at Eseen, her expression now held the same guilt that Eseen's had held earlier.

"I'm soo sorry, I didn't realise I did all of that.. forgive me?"
Private Message Reply: 23 - 52
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 19:55:54 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

A grin crept across Eseen's face and she pulled the sleeve back down.

"It's okay, I think we heal really fast now. Besides..." her face went a deep shade of red and she turned away to start walking out the door. "It was nice..."
Private Message Reply: 24 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 20:03:03 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

She was glad that Eseen was willing to forgive her, it wasn't like her to get carried away quite as badly as she had the previous night, however, she was willing to put it down to the change from living to living dead.

"Yeah.." she replied to Eseen's comment on the night being nice, before joining her and heading towards the dining room.

Upon finding the dining room, she opened the door, a brilliant smile making its way onto her face as she scanned the room to see who was there. The occupants would see that she still had her hair down, though brushed and still somewhat damp, a bright red corsett top easily showing the top half of her breasts displayed the veins that had shown up during the previous night. Her makeup did nothing to hide that, if anything, it drew to deep red lips and long, black eye lashes.

In addition to this, she wore a velvet black flowing skirt, but had foregone shoes due to them no longer fitting.

"Thank you for waiting for us" She said as she drew closer to David and Sonia, before stopping near David. "I'm Ilisca, my appologies for the earlier encounter" She greeted him rather formally.
Private Message Reply: 25 - 52
David Westerchurch
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 20:47:04 Quote Report to Moderator
Rookie

David was sat at the head of the table with Sonia at his right. He held a stiff upright posture, hands in his lap with fingers intertwined. Sonia, on the other hand, seemed to be sprawled out over the table, hair covering her face with a half drunk mug of coffee next to her head and a new donut next to that.

David's face was held in a neutral emotive state. His eyes glanced briefly at Sonia as Dhana entered, the smalled sign given off his distaste for Sonia's lack of formality, and back to fix eye contact with the new vampire. The only tell he gave off was the slightly raised eyebrow. He stood up abruptly, but gracefully and extended his left open hand upwards towards a seat.

"Good morning, Ms. Illisca. Westerchurch. David Westerchurch." His gaze fell on Eseen. "Ms. Hawkins. Please, have a seat."

He spoke politely, letting the pair sit down before he did. He adjusted his coat and tie before reaching in his coat to pull out a manila folder.

"Now, before we begin, I must ask: Were you both sired by Ms. Mutenburg?"
Private Message Reply: 26 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 20:52:04 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

She nooded slightly in recognition to his name before taking a seat. He seemed to still be this formal and she had a few issues putting him into the correct catergory of men. He did however not make off hand comments about her and Eseen, and for that she was grateful.

Looking at Sonia though, she could almost understand David's opinon from earlier though.

"You're going to have to forgive me for not being up to speed here, Mr. Westerchurch. What are we meeting about?"
Private Message Reply: 27 - 52
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 21:41:12 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

Eseen strolled into the room behind Dhana casually, scratching her head and idly plying with one of her ears. She smiled and gave a slight nod to David when he addressed the pair before grabbing a seat away from him to put herself between him and Dhana. Leaning back, she stretched and gave a little yawn before hunching over the table and poking at her fangs.

She had woken up fairly fresh and her shower had livened her up a bit, but she still felt somewhat tired. Her thoughts began wandering and put it down to having a rather late and exhausting night.

"I'm thirsty..."
Private Message Reply: 28 - 52
David Westerchurch
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 21:58:27 Quote Report to Moderator
Rookie

David nodded back at Eseen as she sat down and seemingly lost his interest in her altogether in favour of speaking to Dhana.

"You are correct. Despite Ms. Hawkins' experience with vampires and general knowledge of the politics between the vampire families, neither of you are up to speed about your new found... change."

He placed the folder gently down on the table and opened it up carefully.

"This is all the relevant information about your subspecies of vampire summarised to all you need to know. However it is important to begin with how this occurred. I am unable to give you both accurate knowledge if I do not know the exact sequence of events."
Private Message Reply: 29 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 22:12:29 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

She was completely oblivious of why Eseen would choose to sit between herself and David before she sat down.

"Ah" She responded to David's explanation of why they were here, though at the request on how the change happend, she smiled.

"We were invited by Ms. Mutenberg to spend some time with her, to be, well, to be safe from the outside world" Even to her, that reason suddenly sounded dodgy. "And once we got here, I found out that she is not only a fan, but a vampire.. and then she offered.. and I wanted to.. and then we got Eseen to join in. And once Eseen was on board with it, we basically had one hell of a threesome..." she smiled as she remembered the feeling, before cringing. "... and then things sorta may have gotten a little out of hand.

With that, she looked at Sonia "Unless she planned to have things get out of hand." Focusing back on David, she continued "I can assure you though, Mr. Westerchurch, Eseen did not kill me on purpose, neither did I injure her because I wanted to hurt her"
Private Message Reply: 30 - 52
David Westerchurch
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 22:52:40 Quote Report to Moderator
Rookie

David managed to keep a straight face all through Dhana's explanation. His gaze shifted around the room, focusing on Eseen first, and while his face didn't show it, he was somewhat surprised the girl would get involved with the two of them in such an intimate way. However, he never really did inquire about her personal life whenever the two caught up.

He raised an eyebrow at Eseen's reaction. Her cheeks were a deep crimson red as she stared at Dhana wide eyed. Sonia had come to life a little more and was leaning over with a suggestive smirk on her face, looking at the pair. David cleared his throat.

"You say Ms. Hawkins' killed you. So I am to assume it was her that sired you." His gaze focused upwards towards the door. "Andras, please serve Ms. Hawkins a fresh cup of warm blood."

He then put his focus back on Dhana.

"You, on the other hand, Ms. Illisca, are going to need to make your first kill." He reached into his coat again and pulled out another folder, placing it on top of the first and opening it up to shift the papers in them to his left. Each sheet showed a profile of various people with miscellaneous information about each of them.
Private Message Reply: 31 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 23:00:20 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

She nodded at David's assumption that Eseen sired her.

"It is more acceptable to the fan base than us getting married" She admitted out of the blue, showing how dedicated she was to Eseen, though wasn't entirely sure about the blood that David ordered for Eseen, somehow, the word 'warm' felt out of place.

(lets andras do his job without posting for him)

"Ilisca, not Ms." She politely corrected David. "And why do you think I need to make my first kill?" Her pacifistic nature over riding her vampiric (and new) nature, made her have a rather strong reaction when it came to the concept of killing.
Private Message Reply: 32 - 52
David Westerchurch
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 23:31:37 Quote Report to Moderator
Rookie

David raised his eyebrow again at Dhana's comment about the pair getting married. It confused him a little, why it was relevant enough to bring up with him.

"Forgive me, Illisca." He apologised after the correction. His right hand flipped over the second folder and he shifted the paper of the first around, flicking through the pages until he came to the spot he was after. "Your particular breed of vampire requires the newly sired to feed within fourty eight hours. Their meal needs to psychologically and subconsciously be registered as a kill. If neither of these two requirements are met, higher brain functions quickly begin to shut down.

"As Ms. Hawkins may have informed you, I am responsible for keeping the families under control. While I would prefer this not to occur, I am in a unique position to use this in order to be mutually beneficial. As the head of the assassin's guild, I can choose a target who will be eliminated regardless to be the meal."

He reached into his coat again and carefully pulled out a pistol, placing it gently on the table next to the folders.

"It would be breaking the terms of the vampire treaty if I were to take action against you right here and right now, the laws of this place are dependent on the mistress of the house. If you did not have your first feed within forty eight hours, you will quickly degenerate into a mindless blood sucking monster. If you choose to have your first feed without killing, the process will begin immediately.

"So choose, Illisca. I have no qualms about ending the existence of a vampire. Even less about one who has lost their mind, however, I would prefer not to do so, it is more hazardous. Do you wish to kill to survive or would you rather I end your life here? Ms. Mutenburg surely does not want a mindless killing machine rampaging on her reputation."
Private Message Reply: 33 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 23:40:45 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

She did not appreciate being told that as a vampire, she'd have to kill. She had done enough research previously to know that these days vampires lived, or at least, could live, off bloodbanks, or partial feedings from volunteers rather than the barbaric methods of days long gone which required you to kill your victim.

"Yes, Eseen has mentioned this" she responded to David enquiring if she knew what his job was. The gun he pulled out was observed with a surprising amount of calmness, as though she was beyond believing that it would harm her. (here I need to mention that her hand device is on her hand and that I should have explained that earlier )

"How certain are you that I will loose my mind if I don't kill?" she asked, a certain amount of rebeliousness in her voice.
Private Message Reply: 34 - 52
David Westerchurch
Posted on: November 4th, 2011, 23:52:21 Quote Report to Moderator
Rookie

"I have been labeled by many vampires as 'The Slayer'. While I have no actual connection to the Slayer, there are many reasons why I have received such a title."

He flicked through the first few sheets of paper he had divided out and slowly pushed them over towards Dhana.

"These are the abridged research papers on your subspecies. There have been many experiments on many subspecies, specifically to discover more efficient ways to eradicate them. I have personally bore witness to some of them. Tracking your subspecies for termination is one of utmost importance if it is a newly sired one. Forty eight hours and you would be guaranteed to have at least one casualty to such a target. And then the body count begins rising quickly."
Private Message Reply: 35 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 5th, 2011, 00:03:46 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

Dhana, who was part of the entertainment industry, knew that just because someone gave you a lable didn't mean you actually lived up to it. She did however remember Eseen's warning to be careful around David, thus accepted that he may have deserved his reputation.

She listened to him and made sure to wait till he was finished before looking at the papers he had pushed towards her. What she read there was chilling to say the least. For someone to go out of their way and run tests to see how/when someone would kill and how to kill them afterwards was just a little too real for her. Bands like Godslayer sang about that type of thing, and how much fun the kill was, but it was all romanticised and fake. Here, at the table with David, the romantic side just didn't seem to be there.

"Good. I have another 36 hours before you need to kill me then" She responded after a bit before looking over at Eseen "You think we can go back to my home planet before then?"
Private Message Reply: 36 - 52
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: November 5th, 2011, 00:25:24 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

As Dhana made up her mind, Eseen's face fell. She reached out and grabbed her hand, looking her eye to eye.

"Dhaan... Don't do this." She turned to face David. "Isn't there any other way?"
Private Message Reply: 37 - 52
David Westerchurch
Posted on: November 5th, 2011, 00:25:54 Quote Report to Moderator
Rookie

David flipped over the folder again and pulled out the entire contents of the second, passing them over to Dhana.

"Before you decide, as I can deduce you are a pacifist, take a look at your options of who you can kill. These people's deaths have been put on hold for forty eight hours, or until you decide to feed." He leaned back and adjusted his glasses. "Perhaps if you read what they've done to earn the contract on their heads, you may change your mind. Given that they have all been tracked down, whether you use one of them as food or not will not change any of their fates."
Private Message Reply: 38 - 52
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: November 5th, 2011, 00:40:15 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

"But we can make it?" She asked Eseen, who had guessed what Dhana was thinking of doing. It was just that if she had to kill or die, she might as well die for a good reason.

At David's request to not decide till she looked at more paperwork, she shook her head.

"No-one's made me god. I don't have the right to take someone's life." She did however, accept the papers from him, more to placate Eseen than to actually look at them, and glance over them. She could see where he came from regarding the acts these people had committed, and yet, all she saw, were victims of their circumstances.
Private Message Reply: 39 - 52
Pages: « 1, 2, 3 » : All Reply Recommend Print

New Thread New Poll Shukumei    Castle of the Divine  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Quick Reply

Forum Rules