Shukumei
Home Calendar Search Register Login

Welcome, Guest.Please login or register.

Forum Login
Username: Register
Password:     Forgot Password

Shukumei    The City of Kind    The Limelight District  ›  The Message
0 Members Browsing (1 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: 1, 2 : All Reply Recommend Print
  Author    The Message
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: September 19th, 2006, 02:21:38 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

Eseen sidled up to the front door, her right hand resting lightly on her Desert Eagle. She had grown up in these types of suburbs and knew how unpredicatable the situation could turn out to be from a peaceful empty street to a gang war before you could blink. It was even worse at this time of night as well. But she knew they had to be here without delay.

So far their trip had gone rather smoothly, having dealt with a friendly stowaway and managing to let the Kurzik's deal with him when they were boarded. They were going to be stuck here for at least a week or so until Kalia returned after making a shipment and minor internal repairs. It didn't change Eseen's feeling of paranoia after discovering wanted posters of Dhana up on the space port.

She knew as long as she was protecting Dhana, she too would be a fugitive. Even though the price on her head was probably a lot larger than she would receive in return for the protection, but she wasn't a bounty hunter. As a Fixer, the job came with certain loyalties and on top of that, from what she had seen of Dhana's personality, there was no reason for the bounty to be there. Unless some high flying crooks had discovered about her abilities.

Her left hand rose to the door about to knock before it slid open. It revealed a frail man standing there, looking up at Eseen. A weak smile formed on his lips and a look of bewilderment on Eseen's face. The look was quickly washed away as she put on her apathetic face to do business.

"She's here to speak to you." She stated simply, not wanting to reveal Dhana's name to anyone listening in. This suburb was crawling with all sorts. For all she knew, there could be ten different bounty hunters in the room next door.
Private Message
Old Man
Posted on: September 19th, 2006, 02:43:58 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
"Ah, you must be the Fixer, come in, come in." The old man ushered Eseen in before turning around to face Dhana. He stopped for a moment, his smile growing slightly stronger and his eyes glistening with a look of admiration. His stature suddenly improved as he stood up straight, finding strength from out of nowhere when his gaze rest apon her. "It's been such a long time..."

The man stood slightly taller than Dhana, but still holding the look of awe which made him seem somewhat shorter than he was. By now, she would see that this was not just any old man, but in fact, her father. He reached forward and gave his daughter a quick hug before breaking off to turn around, motioning for her to follow.

"Come, there is no time to waste." He lead them down the hallway, turning into a room and kneeling down to open up a hidden door in the middle of the room under the carpet. It lead to a long dark hallway of which light at the end of it could just be seen emenating from a room somewhere down there.

"I must ask you to stay here. I apologize for not being forthcoming with information, but it is private. You understand." He nodded to Eseen before leading his daughter down into the tunnel, closing it behind them.

Once he reached the room at the end, he turned back around to Dhana, his face somewhat more grim than before. Fatigue showed clearly on his face that the act of having energy and moving such a short distance had drained him considerably. Stepping to the side, he sat down on a nearby chair and sighed as he began to relax.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: September 19th, 2006, 23:29:10 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
She smiled at her father, returning the hug.

"It's been too long"

She admitted, feeling pangs of sadness as she realised how long it had really been before following him into the house, a million questions racing through her head.

When she saw her father look tired, she once again realised how much time had passed.

"Will you tell me how you really are, or should I guess?"

She asked, his welfare taking priority over her own curiosity.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 35
Dacian Ne Niero
Posted on: September 20th, 2006, 00:51:32 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
"I'm dying Dhana." He spoke bluntly. His hands clenched together as he sighed. "It's a side effect from spending time on your home planet. A fate your entire race will share eventually if their prophecy isn't forfilled."

He looked up at her before slowly getting to his feet again, moving over to a nearby table and sat down next to where a pot of tea was set up. He then motioned for Dhana to sit down before pouring a cup, pushing it over to her. He then raised his hand to stop Dhana attempting to try and heal him.

"Don't try, you'll only waste your energy. I'm not ill, but I only have hours, if that to live." A weak smile escaped his face. "This is why I called you here on such short notice. I needed to tell you some vital information as well as asking you a favour."
e-mail Reply: 3 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: September 20th, 2006, 01:12:07 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
As she looked at her father, the shock of the revelation that he was dying was clearly seen.  She nodded grimly before raising her jewlleed hand, only to have him tell her not to bother.

"But.. I don't want you to die!"

She told him, not liking the fact that he had decided to refuse her help, yet, did not power up the device on her hand, accepting his choice.

"You know I'll do you any favour within my powers"

She assured him, looking distraught as she took the cup he offered and took a sip from it.
e-mail Reply: 4 - 35
Dacian Ne Niero
Posted on: September 20th, 2006, 02:14:58 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
Dacian took a sip of his tea and reached his hand out to cover Dhana's in assurance. His grip tightened slightly and he placed the cup down before falling into a coughing fit. After he recovered, he let go and tried to regain his composure.

"It's okay, I'm just glad I got to see my daughter once more before I die." He took a deep breath and put a second hand over Dhana's hand, his face turning serious before he spoke. "Listen Dhana, I took you away from your planet because of the sacrifice you'd have to make otherwise. The prophecy told was for you to give your life energy, what you channel through that device on your hand, for protection from this."

He reached back and took ahold of the cup of tea and bowed his head slightly, trying to catch his breath. The grip he held on his life was loosening, but he needed to hold on to finish telling his daughter what needed to be said. It was becoming a chore to even utter out a sentence at this point.

"Your race is situated at a point in the galaxy far enough away from a neutron star to be safe from its immediate effects but close enough to suffer a degenerative effect. Every few millenia, one is born with the capability to channel their life for protection against this rapid decay." He paused for a moment to catch his breath before speaking again.

"The protection lasts for long enough for the next child to be born, one who is impure of their blood. This time around, it was you. I couldn't let them sacrifice another life for their own ignorance to travel to a safer refuge." His words suddenly began growing more aggressive as he spoke. "Is tradition really worth the lives lost for something so trivial?"
e-mail Reply: 5 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: September 20th, 2006, 04:21:31 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
She thought about what he had said for a while, chewing over the implications of the revelation that it was her own life that was mentioned in that prophecie. Not that she knew much of it, only that it existed.

"If I can save the population of an entire planet.... "

She mused.

".. should I not do exactly that? How can I live with myself, knowing I condemed my people to certain death?"

She wondered looking at her father. He had always been wise in these matters, but she wondered if he wasn't loosing his mind now.
e-mail Reply: 6 - 35
Dacian Ne Niero
Posted on: September 20th, 2006, 05:33:17 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
"That's just it. It isn't certain death. They choose to stay on the planet and would rather sacrifice a life just so they can remain on the planet." He fell into another coughing fit, regaining his composure some minutes later. "You must understand, this is not worth your life. Coming from the rest of the universe, they do not realise what great things you have potential for."

Dacien paused again to catch his breath. At this point he could already feel his last moments coming to be. It took a few more moments for him to regain his composure, but he knew at this point he'd have less than a few minutes at the most.

"This is why I got Ms. Hawkins to protect you. I need you to discover the grey blur in between good and evil. Something I could never teach you. I need to to find out for yourself why you cannot sacrifice yourself. And of course, the favour I ask of you is to protect her as well."
e-mail Reply: 7 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: September 20th, 2006, 08:36:32 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
She finished the cup of tea in her hand before responding to her father. While the favour he had asked her for was no problem, her not helping her people was a rather large problem for her.

"How long have you been sick?"

She asked him, trying to ascertain how much time would pass before her people would suffer the same fate as he did. Her people It sounded strange to call them that, people she had never met, people who wanted her as a sacrifice and nothing more.

When he went into another coughing fit, she became concerned, and much against his original will, she put her jewelled hand on his shoulder, letting the warmth from it flow into him, to give him more time. There were things she needed to understand before he passed on and she knew he was out of time.

"I can protect Eseen only in the sense that I can heal her if she gets hurt, you know my stand on violence"

She told him, assuring him thus that she would look out for Eseen's welfare.

"Can my people be helped, Father?"

She asked, the weight of the prophecy, which she only vaguely remembered, now on her shoulders. If there was a way of not sacrificing life, whether hers or not, then it would be the less violent path to choose, and therefore, one she prefered.
e-mail Reply: 8 - 35
Dacian Ne Niero
Posted on: September 20th, 2006, 10:38:16 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
Dacian breathed a sigh of releif as the warmth washed over him. It did indeed merely prolong his eventual demise, but it gave him the time he needed to fully explain things. When she asked her question, he shook his head and spoke, trying to change the subject in an attempt to evade answering.

"Eseen needs protection beyond that." He took a few deep breaths before speaking again. "Her mother is a seraphim, while her father a nether creature. The impurity of being pure of both sides and what she works as are the only things keeping her human. You need to protect her from the pure evil."

His face suddenly went flush and he gripped each side of the table for support. It wasn't long before his grip weakened and he slid to the side onto the floor. He rolled over and layed on his back, trying to gain control over his breathing again. While Dhana had prevented any discomfort, it didn't change the fact that his body was failing.

"I don't know if there is another way to save them. All I know is you must keep the Fixer safe. I could see in her eyes that her loyalties go beyond her job. She will protect you from harm for her own reasons, but she wont admit them, not even to herself." He paused again, the sound of heavy breathing engulfing the room for a while before he continued. "She must not know of this. It must be discovered on her own."
e-mail Reply: 9 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: September 20th, 2006, 21:41:55 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
It hurt her to see her father so unstable, so close to death. What was worse is that she knew she could do little to help him, at best, she could take away any pain to let him die peacefully.

She understood the underlying need to protect Eseen from herself as her father explained the situation, even without really having much knowledge of things like that.

"So what you want me to do is condemn an entire race to certain death just to look after Eseen?"

She asked, unsure if she could do that, if she could live with herself if she did that, at the same time as knowing that no matter what happened, she'd keep Eseen safe.
e-mail Reply: 10 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: September 21st, 2006, 09:50:01 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
"Is her life really that important?"

She knew from past experiences that self-sacrifice came natural to her, usually in form of over-using her gift, even now, the simple task of keeping her father alife was starting to drain her, not that she let on that it was, having mastered a while back how to hide things like that.

A long sigh could be heard coming from her. It didn't matter which way she looked at it, either way, the whole prophecy thing looked bad. In one scenario, she'd kill her people, in the other, she herself would be killed.

Realising how close to death her father was, she looked him straight in the eye, showing him the turmoil happening within her.

"I will do as you ask and keep Eseen safe both from herself and from others as long as I am able to"

She promised him.

"Will you give me the coordinates to my home planet so I can see for myself how much the fulfilment of the prophecy means to them"

She asked him, knowing full well that if she showed up on that planet, she'd most likely not leave it alife. She had to know what it was she was denying them first hand though, had to find out for herself if the sacrifice asked of her would be worth it.
e-mail Reply: 11 - 35
Dacian Ne Niero
Posted on: September 22nd, 2006, 10:10:04 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
"Her life is very important, as is everyone elses. Do not forget that Dhana, do not forget that there is no value on any life." Dacian smiled and closed his eyes, a sensation of floating overcoming him. He reached out his hand and held Dhana's own with it weakly. "I want you to do this, not because I said so, but because you understand the full extent of what is happening. I want you to be able to make your own choice, I can only hope it is the right one."

Suddenly, he inhaled sharply. His lungs were giving out and he could feel his heartbeat already slowing down. This was his last moment, his last chance for anything. After taking a few deep breaths, trying to calm himself down from going into shock and contemplating what his last words would be, he spoke again.

"All the information you seek, short of meeting your own race is on my desk." He opened his eyes one last time and raised his hand to her face, running a thumb down her cheek lightly. "Goodbye, Dhana... You've made a father proud... I'll always love you..."

At the last word, his arm went limp and fell to the floor while his head tilted to the side. A final, drawn out exhale signified his last moment as he passed on.
e-mail Reply: 12 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: September 22nd, 2006, 21:38:15 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
"Father!"

She sounded alarmed when he inhaled sharply, knowing his time was drawing close. While she could have done somethin to keep him alive longer than he would be, she also respected his wish to not be around, and as much as it hurt, told him she loved him with tears in her eyes as he passed away.

She sat by his side a little longer, crying uncontrollably. While she had not been terribly close to her father he was the last remaining family she had and without him, this world seemed too big for her, her responsibilities to it too large to carry by herself.

5 minutes later, she tore through the corridor, back towards where Eseen was waiting, and threw herself at the fixer, crying uncontrollably, her fathers desk temporarily forgotten about.
e-mail Reply: 13 - 35
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: September 22nd, 2006, 22:17:27 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

Eseen nodded at the man, keeping an eye of suspision on him right up until the point they both disappeared into the basement. She let out a sigh and took out her Desert Eagle to fiddle around with while she leaned back against the door frame of the room. She knew the guy didn't look to well from when she first saw him and let her mind wander about what was going on down there.

She figured Dhana, not really knowing where her power came from or her origins, was some kind of priestess. She'd encountered many religions, including some where the servants would give someone their last rites in a private way. This kind of practice had never sit well with her, and she figured whatever Dhana was doing was no different.

"Pfft, there go my chances..." She blurted out to noone in particular without thinking. Her face turned a shade of red when she realised where exactly she let her thoughts wander. "...Whatever..."

The embarresment was short lived however, interrupted by Dhana bailing out of the basement and right into her. She blinked for a moment, unsure of what was going on and completely bewildered by this girl clinging to her. Awkwardly, she raised her arms and wrapped them around her, looking down with a look of uncertainty splashed across her face.

"Uhmm... Huh?"
Private Message Reply: 14 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: September 22nd, 2006, 22:39:39 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
"He died"

She sobbed, into Eseen's shoulder, not realising that Eseen didn't have her knowledge of who it was that died, or how important the conversation she had had with her father was just before he had passed away.

e-mail Reply: 15 - 35
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: December 16th, 2006, 13:07:24 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

"Hey..." Eseen whispered gently, she placed her hands on Dhana's shoulders while a feeling of warmth washed over her. It wasn't just warmth though, it was something different, subtle enough to ignore but strange enough to note. She pushed Dhana back slightly as she tried to mentally shake off the feeling to look her eye to eye.

Dhana would see the slightest glow eminate from Eseen's skin and her normally grey eyes now had a hint of gold tinge to them. She gave off a smile, unaware of this minascule change to her form, feeling the urge to comfort this woman in front of her in whatever way was needed.

"It's okay, I'm here for you." She almost face vaulted at the words that slipped out of her mouth, feeling as if she had been taken over by some kind of force. There was no way she would have said anything like that in a million years. The words were coming naturally and it was rather disconcerning, yet it didn't show physically.

"Let it all out..." The Fixer assured Dhana while she brought her close again, wrapping her arms around. Dhana would also notice something that Eseen wouldn't, the extra appendages wrapping themselves around her like a blanket of some sort. Only those with a strong inclination to things would see the faintest outline of a pair of wings doing this, protruding from Eseen's shoulders.
Private Message Reply: 16 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: December 16th, 2006, 20:04:09 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
Teary eyes looked back at Eseen as Eseen pushed her back to look at her. Curiously enough, there was something about Eseen that seemed different, but she let it slide, putting it down to the fact she was looking at Eseen through tearfilled eyes.

There it was again, maybe her father had been right and Eseen was the one that needed protection?

Another wave of sadness swept over her as Eseen assured her that she'd be there for her and as Eseen hugged her, she got the distinct feeling that her father knew far more than he had been able to share with her.

"Thanks"

She sobbed, grieving for her dead father for a few minutes more before pulling herself together. As she did so, she raised her head from Eseen's shoulder noticing the wings that Eseen seemed to have sprouted. This time, curiousity showed in her eyes, something which would most likely be noticed by Eseen.
e-mail Reply: 17 - 35
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: December 16th, 2006, 21:59:26 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

Eseen returned the look, her own curiosity shining through coupled with confusion of what was running through Dhana's mind. Her arm raised to Dhana's face and let her thumb wipe a tear away below one of her eyes. She tilted her head slightly, letting her own thoughts wander to the possibilities before her face turned the lighted shade of red and broke eye contact.

A thump at the door snapped her out of it and she dropped her hand to her gun, grasping it tightly. This action caused the subtle glow around her to fade while the wings, which still seemed to be wrapped around Dhana seemed to shatter into a sort of glitter, disappating before reaching the floor. Once again, eye contact was made with Dhana before Eseen turned to give an order and investigate, allowing her to see the golden tinge in her eyes fade back to a cold silver.

"Stay out of range of the door, I doubt we were expecting company." She ordered coldly, completely ignorant of the changes which had occured to her.
Private Message Reply: 18 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: December 16th, 2006, 23:25:36 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
She smiled at Eseen as she went slightly red, unaware that smiling at her would embarrass her even further. Her father had, no doubt, been right and she needed to look after Eseen.

She jumped at the sound from the door, not expecting anyone else to show up that night before noticing the wings dissapear into silver sparkles which seemed to fall to the ground, distracting her from seeing Eseen reach for her gun, thus, for once, Eseen got no complaint about the use of weapons or possible violence from Eseen.

"Ok"

She replied to Eseen, moving further down the corridor out of the way. Whoever this was, she was almost certain they were not friendly. She just hoped that they weren't the violent type and that Eseen would not be harmed if they were.
e-mail Reply: 19 - 35
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: December 17th, 2006, 00:04:11 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

Eseen held up to the door with her shoulder to prevent any possible barges and slid open the slit at eye level. She paused for a moment, surveying the situation outside the door of what she could see. Five men, all seemingly armed to the teeth and a dim look on their face that showed they were the lower henchmen of some kind. Not too bright, but it never took a rocket scientist to aim a gun at something moving and pull the trigger.

"What are you here for? The owner of this house does not wish to be disturbed." She stated coldly, her eyes narrowing as she tightened her grip on the Desert Eagle still in its holster.

"This is a raid. Step aside little lady and your head wont be scattered down the hallway." The one up front ordered in a deep, grunting voice. As he said this, the barrel of a shotgun was aimed directly at Eseen's face throug the hole. She stared it down for a few moments, actually considering the possibility of how much a shotgun blast to the face at point blank range would hurt.

"Hold on." She took a step back and shut the opening, pausing for a moment and planting a foot on the door for leverage.

There was a click of shifting metal and no hesitation of the gunshot rang out down the hallway and into the street outside. At the same time, she shoved herself down to the floor hard. There was no delay between the contents of the leader's chest cavity being sprayed on the men behind him and the flurry of bullets spraying through the door.

Even with the force of her self induced shove back, a shard managed to lodge itself into her right shoulder, sending a sharp sting up her neck, shortly after, the same pain shooting up from her thigh to her side and chest as a piece of shrapnel made its way into her upper right thigh. She hit the ground hard, sending another wave of pain through those areas from the impact. A gutteral scream could be heard over the gunfire, bullets spraying over and past her into the wall of the end of the hall.

With her uninjured arm, she slid the rifle out from behind her, cocking it and keeping it close until the gunfire had stopped. All the while managing to slide herself away from the door to take cover in another room. Once it had, she raised it and fired a quick burst on an angle to cover the door, which ripped through the vital organs of the men, killing most of them instantly.

As she stood up, using her rifle as a crutch, she spotted a single man standing there, injured, but still armed. She gave a slight smirk to him, almost in defiance for fear of death. She noted that most of the door had been shot out to a frame but knew even then it would be enough. He gave a same smirk and positioned his shotgun to lock on to her chest, knowing full well she couldn't avoid taking this fatal hit.

"You had to be difficult didn't y-" As he said this, the remainder of the door fell towards and around him due to the numerous holes in it to completely miss him. It wasn't this that interrupted him, however, it was the explosion which occured on impact with the ground that shattered his ankles and set his body ablaze that did.
Private Message Reply: 20 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: December 18th, 2006, 07:44:24 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
She knew that whoever was outside the door wasn't here for pleasantaries, the guy's voice confirmed this. She also knew that Eseen woudl not hesitate to use violence, even if there was a diplomatic solution to be found.

As the first shot rang out, she screamed. It had not been intentional nor was it because she got hit. It was an instinct, the scream showing her sadness at the violence which ensued, drowning out her scream.

She spent the next few minutes trying to stay calm, to focus herself, knowing that when the gunfire ceased, there'd be injured, and maybe, a chance for her to help those who received injuries and find out what they really wanted.

The sound of the explosion made her jump. Guns, she could deal with, the amount of bullets flying through the air, she could also deal with. While the shootings were occuring, it gave an indication that there were survivors. The explosion though.. she doubted if anyone survived, but yet, stayed back where she was, not wanting to walk out into the open, just in case one of them had survived.

The hand ornament's crystal glowed a soft orange in her hand as she waited for any survivors to find her, uncertain if it would be Eseen, or if she had failed Eseen by listening to her, rather than protecting her in the gunfight.
e-mail Reply: 21 - 35
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: December 18th, 2006, 08:08:49 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

Eseen took a few breaths, leaning against the wall, her uninjured shoulder causing a thud while she took the weight off her injured leg. She sighed and slid down the wall, pausing for a moment before reaching for the piece of door stuck in her thigh.

"It's fine Dhana you can come OUT!" She yelped from the pain that shot down her leg when she tore the shrapnel out. She placed her hand over the wound, placing pressure on it to stop the bleeding as it pooled on the floor beneath her. The pain seemed to throb under her hand with each quickened heartbeat thanks to the gunfight she started and finished.

"Look, Dhana. Whatever it was those guys were after, I'm certain you'll find it where the old man died. I know this type of neighbourhood, you don't move here unless you're hiding something." She stated calmly, looking down for a moment at the blood pooling around her. A certain feeling of giddyness came over her and a bead of sweat droped down to her chin. She looked up again at Dhana, her face now clearly perspiring as her body began going into shock from the loss of blood.

"After we get out of here... I can't protect you anymore..." She said almost frantically between breaths as it quickened and while she reached for the pouch on her left arm. "My employer's dead... I have to move on... You've gotta make your own way..."
Private Message Reply: 22 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: December 18th, 2006, 08:22:43 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

She was relieved to hear Eseen was ok, but acted and appeared almost out of nowhere when she realised Eseen was injured.

While she wanted to ignore the scene that greeted her, it was imposible to do so and it showed as she felt the blood drain out of her face. What she was looking at was a mascare, a, in her eyes, unecessary bloodbath.

The moment she saw Eseen, she ignored the bodies she knew she could not safe, instead, knelt down next to Eseen. She didn't bother asking how bad things were, they were bad and Eseen seemed to have lost a great deal of blood.

"A hospital would be the best option"

She informed Eseen as her jewelled hand moved over Eseen's leg, her energy flowing through the crystal to stop the bleeding and start the healing process.

"I'll get his stuff when you're stable again"

Her voice had an eery calmness to it that Eseen would not have expected given the circumstances. She had figured that the men were after something belonging to her father, could pretty much guess what it was exactly and knew that it would only be a matter of time until the next lot got send in, though when, she didn't know.

As Eseen spoke again, she looked at the woman completly suprised at her words, having forgotten that Eseen was a fixer and that the problem between her and the ship's pilot had been mainly her job occupation.  What came as a real suprise was that her employer had died.

"Who was your employer?"

She asked, looking confused whilst ignoring what it was Eseen was telling her.
Private Message Reply: 23 - 35
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: December 18th, 2006, 09:23:11 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

"I'll be fine once I can stop the bl-" She stopped mid sentence as Dhana began working on the healing part. Her hand over her chest fiddled around with the pouch for a bit before pulling out an unmarked syringe and popped the cap off and gave Dhana a quick reassuring smile. "Thanks..."

She reached out her arm and jammed the syringe into her chest to inject adrenaline directly into her heart. After she had done that, she pulled it out and her arms fell to her side while she tried to relax and adrenaline began pumping through her body to increase blood pressure. Her breathing began to slow, while deeper, it was less rapid and the cold sweat she felt began subsiding, replaced with the feeling of anemia.

"He was the old man down there," She finally spoke up after some time. Her eyes opened and she looked Dhana in the eye. "I'm probably gonna need a blood transfusion, but I think I can make my own way there..."
Private Message Reply: 24 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: December 21st, 2006, 06:13:24 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

She smiled back at Eseen, glad the bleeding was under control now, though averted her eyes quickly as Eseen plunged the needle into herself, before continuing to focus her energy into the deviced to keep healing her.

"Hmm.. "

She mumbled, so Eseen knew who had hired her. How unusual that was for a fixer to meet their employer face to face, she didn't know.

As Eseen looked into her eyes, she looked back, assuring Eseen that things would be ok through her look.

"You're not well enough to go anywhere"

She assured Eseen, believing that Eseen would not make it to the hospital, and given the fact that she had been hired to protect Dhana, there was a chance that at least one dangerous person didn't realise that she was no longer protecting Dhana.

"Stay a while, get your strength up. Then give me a moment to check dad's stuff and see if he hasn't left some form of payment for you, ok?"

calmly, she now continued to let the glow eminating from her hand flow over the wound, healing it further and returning strength to Eseen as it took strength from her.
Private Message Reply: 25 - 35
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: December 21st, 2006, 07:33:09 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

Eseen grabbed Dhana's hand and firmly moved it away from her mostly healed wound. She propped herself against the wall properly and stood up awkwardly, refusing any further help from the girl.

"Look, I appreciate the help, I really do. But I've gotten myself out of more dire situations before." She shuffled around a bit and pulled something out of her arm pouch again, wrapping it around her neck. "Get what you need and make your way to the space port. I can keep any tracks off you and I'll hopefully be there to see you off when our smuggler gets back."

She turned around and hobbled over to the doorway, using her rifle as a make shift walking stick to get her there. Before she took a step out, she raised a hand slightly, giving it a little flick to motion her farewell.

At that point, another shot could be heard, the bullet hitting her square in the chest. She flinched slightly, the only sound she made was a quiet 'omph' , raised her weapon and ended the life of her attacker with her Desert Eagle, a few drops of blood spattering on the ground before she attempted to continue on.
Private Message Reply: 26 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: December 21st, 2006, 09:55:34 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

She rolled her eyes at Eseen's refusal of help, but let it go. If Eseen didn't want to be taken care of, she wasn't going to make her.

"I'll do that, but I'd really rather prefer if you'd stay with me"

She told Eseen, watching the woman struggle to make it out of the room. She jumped at the additional gunfire, but unlike last time, didn't scream.

Her father's words came back to her you must keep the Fixer safe No, Eseen had refused her help, she could not offer the same help now.

Equally, she could not let her keep going like she was. She had been badly injured, lost too much blood and, by the sounds of things, they were not yet out of danger.

"Eseen, wait up"

She called, quickly making her way over to the injured woman. Without touching her, she stood beside her, unaware that the first shot had hit Eseen.

"If this is about money, I'll find a way to pay whatever he was paying you"

She assured her.

"I still need your protection. I need someone who understands violence and can act on that understanding"

She admitted. She hated violence, would not use such, and knew that she was easy prey because of it. Even her father had known that, which was, in part, why he hired Eseen to look after her. Her alternate motive was simple. She didn't think Eseen would make it to the hospital in one piece.
Private Message Reply: 27 - 35
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: December 21st, 2006, 10:16:22 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

Eseen paused as Dhana rushed to her side. She turned to face her with gritted teeth, not out of anger but of pain from the wound to her chest which she was now pressing her left hand against. She was quite aware gunshot wounds tended to be fatal, but was also aware she was still on her feet, so the bullet must not have hit anything vital.

"Dhana, you don't understand. I'm a Fixer, I need money to live off. I can't go and be a good samaritan to help people that need help." She almost faultered to her knees while she became a little more dizzy and found it that extra bit hard to breath. "If it's any consolation, you should be safe if you stay out of sight of me. But you're on your own."

She turned away again and continued on down the street. The nearest hospital would be at most a few blocks away, regardless of her injuries, she was sure she could make it before the lack of blood finished her off or she suffocated from the blood filling her lungs.
Private Message Reply: 28 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: December 28th, 2006, 07:43:36 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

She just stared in disbelieve at Eseen. She hadn't asked for aid from her, she had offered to pay for Eseen's protection, yet, in the delusional state that Eseen seemed to be in, she had gotten Dhana's offer wrong.

Looking at her, she wondered what to do. Honour her fathers dying wish and force her presence on Eseen, or collect her fathers works and get the hell out of this place.

In the end, she did what came natural to her, covering the few metres between her and Eseen, she moved infront of her and, rather than putting a hand on Eseen's shoulder, took one look at her before stretching out her jewelled hand.

"Fine, be like that."

She told Eseen as a bright glow emitted from her hand, a small light flowing over her own body before focusing into the crystal and making a warm light flow over Eseen. The feeling of wellness that Eseen should be experiencing would not last, of that Dhana was sure, but at least, it would give her the additional strength to make it to the hospital. It might even heal some of the injuries Eseen had sustained.

"If you want to get paid for your last job, come and seek me out"

Her voice sounded strong as she broke the contact between the light, before stepping out of Eseen's way to give her the chance to get to the hospital. She inhaled deeply, before exhaling again. While her voice was strong, her body was not. In order to help Eseen, she had shared her life-force with her, weakening herself considerably.

"Take care"

She whispered as she turned away to walk back to the house they had left, her mind filled with too many problems to notice if it was safe or not.
Private Message Reply: 29 - 35
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: January 7th, 2007, 13:23:02 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

Eseen, already on the verge of collapse only had the energy to turn to face Dhana while she closed the gap between her. She knew her reflexes would have kicked in to avoid anything especially due to the callous look Dhana held on her face, she was unsure what intentions were behind using the device. Even with alarm bells ringing in her head of possible danger, she still stood there, unreacting while the girl raised what seemed like a weapon at her, knowing she had full intention to use it but also aware that whatever was to come, she could do nothing to prevent it.

Surprise overtook the Fixer when the glow consumed her and she quickly felt vitality returning to her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath while the warmth flowed through her, slowly standing up straight. The pain was still there from her wounds, but she knew now that making it to the hospital would not be a problem. In fact, she felt she could almost jog there. It wasn't until she opened her eyes and saw the fatigue on Dhana's face that she fully comprehended what had transpired.

"Thankyou..." The words uttered from Eseen's mouth finally escaped into the atmosphere after a few seconds of contemplating a reaction. After Dhana bid her farewell, she quickly stepped forward and placed her hand on her shoulder to stop her. "Dhana, wait..."

She paused for a moment, trying to run the possible words to say to this girl while she made sure they were facing each other. Her mouth opened for a brief moment as something came to her mind, feeling that a simple word of gratitude didn't seem enough but closed again shortly after. After a few more moments contemplating, something in her eyes changed as she made her decision.

The Fixer, without warning, took another step forward to close the gap between the two entirely. She raised her hand to Dhana's cheek and leant down slightly to match height while she closed her eyes just as slowly as she was leaning in. It was obvious Eseen was completely unsure of herself, but seemed to get one thing right as her lips parted and head tilted to the side just before locking lips with Dhana for a slow and passionate kiss partly out of gratitude, partly out of her growing feelings for the girl.
Private Message Reply: 30 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: January 8th, 2007, 06:56:16 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

As Eseen asked her to wait, she turned around looking as tired as she felt. Eseen wasn't the only one now who was in need of rest, but she was determined to gather her father's paperwork before she got the needed rest.

A hint of hope showed in her eyes as Eseen covered the distance between them. Could it be that the fixer had come to realise that they needed to be together?

Unsure of the answer to the question, she looked up at Eseen who by now had her eyes closed. She blinked a few times before realising what was about to happen, and returning the kiss suprising herself as she did so.

As she broke of the kiss, she looked at Eseen with a new respect for her. Dumbfounded as she was about this turn of events, she nonetheless admired Eseen for having had the courage to display her feelings this openly, especially given that Eseen had always come across as shy when it came to anything even remotely sexual.

"That was... " She was about to say unexpected, but at the last second, changed her mind. ".. nice"
Private Message Reply: 31 - 35
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: January 8th, 2007, 07:19:19 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

After Dhana broke the kiss, Eseen stood there motionless for a few moments with her eyes still shut. It was the words she spoke that snapped her out of the semi-trance she was in, her eyes shooting open while she pulled back awkwardly. The look in her eyes was of confusion while the deep crimson blush easily visible in the poorly lit street was a sign of embaressment. It was clear that what she had just done was out of her own character and she was questioning her own actions.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have.." She paused, breaking eye contact with Dhana before she spoke up again. This time, her words seemed to be strung together while she frantically tried to come up with an explaination. Even after this, she was still in denial, trying to come up with something to say which would excuse herself or brush it off. "I'm not thinking straight I guess probably lost more blood than I thought and I didn't realise I don't know what I was thinking I probably should... Wait, what..?"

Eseen made eye contact with Dhana again as it slowly sank in about what really went down and she finally comprehended what was said. She knew she was losing it, first she was having strange feelings towards this girl and seemingly before she knew it, they were making out. By her own doing. It made no sense and she was trying to figure out why. They were both women and from what she knew, that type of thing just didn't happen. On top of that...

"That was..." She looked down, raising a hand up to touch her own lips curiously while her face went a deeper shade of red, if that was even possible. Eseen was about to mimic Dhana's comment on it, right before another thought came to the forefront of her mind. It was just as the girl had said, but it was slightly more. "... It was... My first kiss..."
Private Message Reply: 32 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: January 8th, 2007, 07:38:54 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

She couldn't help but smile at Eseen's reaction. Her father had mentioned that Eseen had reasons of her own to stay with Dhana and Dhana couldn't help but feel that perhaps, what just happened was part of that reason.

A calmness flowed through her, which she hoped would pass over to Eseen. In her opinion, if the only way to be true to yourself was to loose blood, then Eseen might need to do that more often, not that she wanted her in any danger, even less now than before.

She reached out to hug Eseen as Eseen admitted to this being her first kiss, unsure of what to say at that revelation before realising that they were still standing in the middle of the street. She let go of Eseen then.

"You need to get to the hospital"

She informed her gently, knowing that Eseen's strength would not hold for long. They would figure out what had happened once she was better, at least, that was what Dhana promised herself.
Private Message Reply: 33 - 35
Eseen Hawkins
Posted on: January 8th, 2007, 08:00:14 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

Eseen accepted the hug from Dhana, but took it just as awkward as she felt. Even though she suddenly had a feeling of calm wash over her, it didn't help comfort her from the distracting thoughts running through her head. On top of that, the moment of strength Dhana had given her was wearing off. It was made aware to her the amount of blood she lost was far greater than expected, the only thing keeping her on her feet was the combination of adrenaline, whatever Dhana had given her and pure will power. Even then it became increasingly obvious of how little effect it had on her state.

"Yes... I should..." She finally admitted, hesitantly turning away to walk off. After a few steps, she paused, looking back slightly to give a last word. "I guess I'll see you..."

She held that stance for a few moments almost longingly before turning back to limp down the street. On her way, she managed to scribble a few notes down on seperate pieced of paper kept on her person, the first one being shoved in her pocket, the second held tightly in her hand. It contained the injuried described briefly of what she was aware she had suffered. Something which would be great help in treating her quickly. By the time she made it to the front door, her mind was swimming and vision already fading, ending up with her blacking out and collapsing just in front of the desk in the foyer.
Private Message Reply: 34 - 35
Dhana NeNiero
Posted on: January 8th, 2007, 17:10:49 Quote Report to Moderator
Favourite

"You will"

She assured Eseen watching as she left. If Eseen didn't find her again, she would make certain that she found Eseen instead.

Once she was out of view, Dhana returned to her father's home, trying her best not to feel sick at the sight of the dead bodies she encountered on the way to where she had left him and the paperwork.

It didn't take her long to gather the paperwork he had left for her, though instead of leaving now and finding a saver place for herself, she fell asleep on the floor of the library, the documents still in her hands, exhausted from the previous events.

Some time later, she awoke, taking a few minutes to go over what had happened and where she was before waking up completly and realising that staying where she was would most likely proof fatal.

With that thougth in mind, she put the documents in the bag she had found earlier and, looking once more at her father, appologised to him for not giving him any burial of sorts before leaving the place.

Unaware of the fact that there were wanted posters of her near the spaceport she made her way towards it and towards where she hoped to meet Kalia and Eseen again.

Private Message Reply: 35 - 35
Pages: 1, 2 : All Reply Recommend Print

New Thread New Poll Shukumei    The Limelight District   [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Quick Reply

Forum Rules